Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Oh How I love My Ifugao Way

FB Page "Ifugao Youlike": Oh How I Love My Ifugao Way


Oh How I love My Ifugao My Way

Sitting along the Terraces Lines
Under the Starry Heavens
Oh What a Sight
Heaven Seems a Mile Away
As Clouds Starts to Sway
Kabunyan Whispers
In His Thick White Beard
Granpa Built These Terraces
Through the Ifugao Way

CHORUS:
                They Spread Their Arms
                Like Wings of An Eagle
                Lifting Their Feet
                As They Dance Through The Times
                Whether Old or Young
                In Cadence With The Gong Dancing Together
                To Thank The Work Is Over
                Oh How I Love My Ifugao Way

Nothing Could Change
No One Can Compare
Having Built These Terraces
An Ifugao’s Best
On Their Way To Survive
They Have To Strive
To Have Food for Their Families
And Not To Starve
God Blessed Ifugao, For Our Ifugao Way

A Living Heritage Known To The World
A Wondrous Attraction
We Have To Preserve
As Generation Change It’s Way
We Stand Out For The Best
Keeping Our Rice Terraces
Uphold It’s Face
You And Me And Everyone
This Is Our Ifugao Way

No comments:

Post a Comment